Tag Archives: thermos water bottle replacement parts

United States Army Medical Department Center and School

MG Stephen (Steve) L Jones

The U.S. Army Medical Department Center and School, Health Readiness Center of Excellence (AMEDDC&amp running hip pack;S HRCoE) — located at Fort Sam Houston, Texas — is both a school and a “think tank”. The School — known as the Academy of Health Sciences (AHS) — serves the U.S. Army in educating and training all of its medical personnel. The Center formulates the Army Medical Department’s (AMEDD’s) organization, tactics, doctrine, and equipment.

Although its institutional lineage dates back to 1920 what tenderises meat, the present “C&S” were established by permanent order of the Surgeon General in 1991.

On 1 September 1920, the Medical Department Field Service School was established at Carlisle Barracks, Pennsylvania at the request of the Surgeon General, Major General Merritte W. Ireland. In December that same year, the Army renamed it the Medical Field Service School (MFSS).

After 25 1/2 years of operation, the school was deactivated on 15 February 1946 and its mission transferred to multiple schools located at Fort Sam Houston, Texas. The school underwent various name changes and restructuring over the years; incorporating the diverse medical functional areas of the Army Medical Department (AMEDD) along the way. One significant change was on 10 December 1972, when the Secretary of the Army, Robert F. Froehlke re-designated the school to the Academy of Health Sciences.

On 15 July 1991, the Surgeon General, Lieutenant General Frank F. Ledford, Jr., established the AMEDDC&S by permanent order 103-1. The Academy of Health Sciences (AHS) now comprises the “school” portion of the AMEDDC&S.

As a result of 2005 BRAC legislation that required the bulk of enlisted technical medical training in the Army, Air Force, and Navy to be collocated to Fort Sam Houston, Texas, much of the enlisted medical training was moved from AHS to the Medical Education and Training Campus (METC). The transition took place during 2010 and 2011. In 2015, it was designated as the US Army Health Readiness Center of Excellence (HRCoE).

The Academy of Health Sciences (AHS):